A Piece of My Heart




By Belinda

Tonight I checked an email account I don't use much and there was an email from my cousin Deb who lives in Spain. It was sent February 17 and included a link to the beautiful song by Ofra Haza, Yerushalaim Shel Zahav (Jerusalem, City of Gold.)

The evocative song tugged at my heart, which is missing a piece, left behind in Jerusalem; this beautiful city of soft gold and copper.

This is razor wire, meant as an unforgiving barrier to keep one people from another. I saw the shape of hearts in the wire and could not resist the irony.

This was one of our first views of Jerusalem--the Eastern Gate. Two faiths await the arrival of Yeshuah (Messiah) at this gate; the Prince of Peace. Ezekiel prophesied about the gate being shut in 600 B.C.


 1 Then the man brought me back to the outside gate complex of the Sanctuary that faces east. But it was shut.
 2-3 God spoke to me: "This gate is shut and it's to stay shut. No one is to go through it because God, the God of Israel, has gone through it. It stays shut. Only the prince, because he's the prince, may sit there to eat in the presence of God. He is to enter the gate complex through the porch and leave by the same way." (Ezekiel 44:1-2, The Message

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family