Next Week in Jerusalem

By Belinda

Tonight I wrote to a friend in Israel with whom I'm hoping to connect during our trip, "We'll be staying in Jerusalem at...." and I gave the name of our hotel.

We'll also be staying in Tiberius. Jerusalem...Tiberius! Will we really, really be there?

This was the packing and preparing day. As I procrastinate on the most important things I have to do, this meant that I cleaned my oven!

But because I recently took a training on time management where the trainer advised us to Swallow the Frog (do the thing you don't want to do first), and am trying to put it into practice, I confined myself to the oven and didn't clean my fridge from top to bottom too.

I don't know why it seemed such a monumental task to get ready today, but what with laundry, ironing, packing, photocopying passports and credit cards in case they get lost, the day flew by.

It is so long since Paul and I have gone away together. I'm usually off to England on my own to visit Mum and Rob, or he is off to a First Nations Reserve, on a missions trip. It felt wonderful to be getting ready and knowing that we wouldn't be saying goodbye at the airport, but boarding a plane together.

Tomorrow morning at 8.30, Dave and Esther; our pastor and his wife; and Joyce, a long time friend and member of our church, will meet us here and drive down with us to the airport where we will meet up with the other 23 people on the trip.

I don't know when or if I will be able to post again but I will do my best! For sure I will be documenting the trip in words and photos one way or another. Stay tuned!

Comments

Susan said…
Godspeed, dear friend! We're all looking forward to experiencing the trip uniquely through your eyes and ears, and most importantly, your heart...
Lizzie said…
I hope you all have a wonderful, amazing and safe trip. Can't wait to hear about Israel. Lately, the country has been on my heart.
I'm vegetarion so I don't ever have to swallow a frog. That means, I guess, that I can continue on with procrastin... well I'll finish this comment later, think I'll make a sandwich.

Happy Travels!
Belinda said…
Ha ha! No frogs Dave! Make a sandwich, my, my!

We are here! I am in a hotel in Tiberius, just about to post a photo collage of the beginning of the journey.

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family