15 Years - To the Day.

I just checked the WHS (Whatever He Says) dashboard and I could see that neither Belinda nor any of her team have a post in process, so I'm going to grab the floor again. I know that Belinda is wanting very much to find a way to stay connected to her blogging family, so pray for her that God will help her find a way. Today she must be deep in the throes of jet lag, but tomorrow perhaps the library will be open or she will find another way to connect to the internet and we'll be hearing from her again soon.

Yesterday, besides being the anniversary of my mom's going to be with the Lord, was also my oldest grandaughter's fifth birthday. The phone rang last evening and without even a "hello", a familiar little voice stated simply and softly, "I'm five." Well, trust me, a big fuss was made by her "Mommy'sMum" in response! (That's what she and most of her cousins call me.)

Eliana is a delightful little girl with chocolate hair and dark eyes that flash and sparkle in turn, but mostly sparkle. She is into princesses right now, loving all things "princess" and it's no wonder. She is a little princess herself. She loves clothes, and you should have seen her eyes light up when she saw a child-sized princess ball gown in Zehr's today, hanging on the Hallowe'en costumes rack. She has a tender heart and mothering her two younger siblings comes completely naturally to her.

She was born on October 5, 2002 -- 15 years to the day after my mother went to be with the Lord.

Now that could just be a coincidence, but I doubt it. I have this theory that God has little ways of letting us know - just in case there is any doubt - that our steps really are ordered by him. Nothing could have pleased us more as a family - and comforted me - than to have such a special little girl enter our lives on such a special day. And there's no doubt in my mind that it was no co-incidence. No co-incidence at all.

" The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives." Psalm 37:23. NLT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family