Out with Fear and in with Peace

Like a low grade infection, I had carried a worry--a burden of anxiety.

I'm not typically an anxious, worrying sort--but almost below the level of my consciousness, it was there, lurking in the shadowy recesses of my heart, if I paid attention.

So I didn't pay attention; I pushed it away and got on with daily life, ignoring the disconcerting edginess within and the sense of inadequacy that scurried around in my soul like a lost mouse caught within a wall.

And then I read...

God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong 1 Corinthians 1:27

and

Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit says the Lord Almighty Zechariah 4:6

and

Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power Ephesians 6:10

And so I say, it is well with my soul.

God chooses the weak? I am weak.

I have no might or power, but he says that it is by his spirit that he accomplishes his work.

My strength is in him and in his mighty power.

Dear Lord, I'm so grateful that it's all about you and not about me. Thank you for reminding me of that yet again. I am inadequate, but all that you require is a willing heart in order to accomplish your purposes. One day I'll really get that!

Comments

Leann said…
when I feel low and dont know where to go I head for the throne room.
I run and climb on my fathers lap and share my fears with him.
he holds and never scolds me, but comforts me instead.
he says he loves me and he will take care of me,and he wipes those fears right out of my head.
at night when the cares of the day come calling, I close my eyes and pray.for its his word that strengthens me on my way.

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family