Music

"His music is still with us."

This phrase, heard the other day as I listened to CBC morning radio while preparing for the day--stuck with me.

The host of the show was referring to a celebrated musician who had died suddenly of a heart attack just after boarding a plane. He was only 62, very gifted, and it seemed that a life with its work unfinished had been cut short.

"But," said the host, "His music is still with us."

I wondered about the "music" of my life. What will people say is "still with them" when I am gone?

I thought of those I know who have lost loved ones too soon. The music of their lives remains with us.

Today I'm thinking of some sadly missed. As long as their music is with me, they are too.

I give thanks for their lives and the gifts that they left behind here--and I look forward to the day we meet again.

John 6:51 (New International Version)
51I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world."

Comments

Anonymous said…
Dear Bel(Q)- I know one thing you will leave with me; the knowledge that,after the doctors and nurses, yours were the first arms around my baby after she was born.Those arms have been,figuratively and not,around my family since the day God led me to you.I love you.Don't go yet!
Belinda said…
Hey Poppy,
What a nice way to be remembered. I cherish your words as a gift of love today!

And God only knows when any of us will head for home. For today I'm here, and happy to be!
Anonymous said…
Hey Belinda, today I remember you for many things: a respected colleague, a friend who I can count on and be open and honest with, a spiritual mentor (although you may not know that), a women of grace, a gift from God who has surely been a gift to me. Keep making your music,

LL

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family