More About the Rainbow

Ever since August 18th, when I posted the story and photo about the rainbow that appeared the day Bill passed away, people have been telling me they saw the rainbow.

This is unusual as my friend Susan (who is almost always right and knows a lot about many things) tells me that a rainbow is "place specific," a product of the particular conditions of light and moisture in the air at a given moment.

The rainbow that appeared in the late afternoon of August 17th was wider than the average rainbow, very bright and intense and people seem to have taken particular note of it, although by the time I trained my camera lens on it, the intensity was fading.

I just felt that I had to share some of the "rainbow sightings" reported since Terry and I saw it late that afternoon.

Dave Hingsburger said... (in the comments on the blog)
Believe it or not I think I may have seen that rainbow too! The picture was beautiful and the idea that the heaven's radiated in welcome for Bill warms me. I'm wondering, did I, perchance, know this Bill?

Frank Catrambone wrote today...
On the Friday afternoon that Bill passed away(I did not know he had passed away at that time because I was at Freedomfest), the most amazing rainbow I had ever seen appeared in the sky. This happened much later than 3pm because the bands did not start playing until 3pm, and Christopher(my son) and I played soccer for an hour before we were driven into the Festival Tent by a downpour!! Everyone just stopped and stared in the sky. I said to Chris that it was the brightest and clearest rainbow that I had ever seen. It seemed to stay forever. Then, if that wasn't enough, another rainbow, appeared right below it. People everywhere were saying they had never seen a double rainbow that clear beforeThat is amazing. Sometimes God speaks in pictures. All we have to do is adjust our focus ever so slightly to see what he is saying. Lord, help me to readjust my focus so that I can see your hand at work

Lesley-Ann Griffin wrote today...
I had to tell you all. The same rainbow was witnessed by my family while at the cottage in Minden (near Haliburton) God is soooooooooooo good!!!

Others, including Susan, saw it. How awesome is it that? I love the way Dave put it. "The heavens radiated in welcome."

Genesis 9:12-16 (The Message)
The Message (MSG)
by Eugene H. Peterson
12-16 God continued, "This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and everything living around you and everyone living after you. I'm putting my rainbow in the clouds, a sign of the covenant between me and the Earth. From now on, when I form a cloud over the Earth and the rainbow appears in the cloud, I'll remember my covenant between me and you and everything living, that never again will floodwaters destroy all life. When the rainbow appears in the cloud, I'll see it and remember the eternal covenant between God and everything living, every last living creature on Earth."

Comments

Deborah Antonio said…
Hi Belinda,
My family was at a cottage in Muskoka and we too saw such a rainbow. In fact it was a double rainbow; the shadow bow was clearly visible. The arc of the rainbow was so big my daughter could not take a picture of the whole thing, but we could see a complete arc. We all commented on the beauty of it and the God who created it. We were in awe. It was a type of celebration after the rain.
Belinda said…
That is so cool. I'm so glad that you added your sighting Lifedancegirl! The rainbow seemed to have been a special sign of hope to us that day.

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family