Equipped

Psalm 23:1-3 (New Living Translation)
A psalm of David.
1 The Lord is my shepherd;
I have all that I need.
2 He lets me rest in green meadows;
he leads me beside peaceful streams.
3 He renews my strength.

2 Corinthians 3:5 (New International Version)
5Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God.

Psalm 23:1-3 was printed at the top of my journal page this morning. "I shall lack nothing," stood out among the other beautiful words of those verses.

Then the Daily Light started out with Hebrews 13:20-23--about God's equipping.

20 Now may the God of peace...
21...equip you with all you need
for doing his will.

If we follow where God leads--take the path he lays out for us--he says that he will take care of what we need for the journey.

It has been said that God doesn't call the qualified, he qualifies the ones he calls. How comforting to be reminded of that.

My anxieties, when they arise, are about that very thing. Sometimes I listen to the voice that says, "Why are you doing this?" and I need to be reminded again that following God is about learning trust and dependence on him.

As if God wanted to make the point crystal clear, the last verses in the August 15th Daily Light, evening reading, are the verses at the top of my journal page. Safety is knowing that he has already given all we need for what he leads us to do.

1 The Lord is my shepherd;
I have all that I need.
2 He lets me rest in green meadows;
he leads me beside peaceful streams.
3 He renews my strength.
He guides me along right paths,
bringing honor to his name.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family