Dappled Meeting Place

Posted by Picasa
"She moves around the house," he said--and his words told me that he watches and knows me well.
His observation was made during the cell group icebreaker that Sam was leading. Out of a list of rooms such as: bedroom, ballroom, dining room, studio or playroom, we had to guess each other's favourite room.
It was fun finding out how well we all knew each other and every one guessed pretty accurately for me--different rooms for different reasons--but Paul, who knows me best, chose the studio for creativity--but a roving studio.
As storm chasers follow tornados, I seek quiet spaces--pockets of peace to counterbalance the rest of my world and the rooms in my heart, which are full of people.
In quiet spaces I breathe in God's Presence. Without doing so I would not have a single word of worth to share with anyone else.
This morning I sat in a dappled place beside a sturdy clump of silver birch--so lovely that I had to capture it with the eye of my camera.
A canopy of leaf laden branches, danced above my head, while a breeze passed through them with a sigh.
The electronic drone of an air conditioner added to the symphony of tweets, twitters, chirrups and soft cooing.
Over my arms, warmed by the sun, the cool, silken veil of breeze flowed.
I was ready to listen in the cool of this morning.

Psalm 16:6 (New International Version)
6 The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
surely I have a delightful inheritance.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family