Perfected in Him

Matthew 19:25-26 (New International Version)
25When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished and asked, "Who then can be saved?"
26Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."


Who then can?...With man this is impossible...but with God...

2 Corinthians 13:11 (New International Version)
11... Aim for perfection, listen to my appeal, be of one mind, live in peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you.

I'm thankful that our God doesn't ask the impossible of us. When he tells us, as he does in Matthew 5:48 to "Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect," it must be a foregone conclusion that he will be the perfecter.

Amy Carmichael, in today's reading from her devotional book, Edges of His Ways, says that "the same fingers that made the blue of the kingfisher's wings, and every lovely thing on earth," are "putting finishing touches to you and me today."

She says that "these finishing touches often come through the sweet joys of life, but they come, too, through the tiny trials, the little disappointments, the small things we hardly like to speak about..."

When I feel squeezed, pressed, or prodded, perhaps the fingers of God are working steadily away at this lump of clay. All so that I might be a "vessel of honour." All so that I might display his glory.

Prayer: Dear Lord. I want my life to be of use for your Kingdom. Have your way in me, even if there is more work ahead than I ever realized.

Philippians 1:6 (New International Version)
6 being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family