Four Gals and a Gala

"Hey Bel, Ire and Sue, I'm in town (2.30!) and I'm now shopping! See ya soon. F. "

This was the note waiting at the reception desk of the Comfort Inn in Waterloo, when my friend Irene and I arrived on Wednesday afternoon last week, after work. We had a rendezvous with two more friends--Frances and Susan--and Frances was obviously in town and looking for her outfit for the evening.

The four of us were in Waterloo to attend The Word Guild Canadian Christian Writing Awards in the Recital Hall at Wilfred Laurier University-a black tie, formal/semi formal event.

My dear friends had come to celebrate with me. No, I wasn't receiving an award--but I had been given the honour of writing a speech for the presentation of an award. They were with me to hear it being read.

Before heading to the University, we went downstairs to the Golden Griddle for a bite to eat--the reception after the awards was not until 9.30. I looked across the table at my friends, laughing together--dressed to the nines-- and thought of how very rich I am to have friends like them to celebrate the joys of life with. I thank God for them and my other dear friends. How empty life would be without them to share special moments like this with.

Proverbs 17:17 (New Living Translation)
17 A friend is always loyal,
and a brother is born to help in time of need.


Posted by Picasa

Comments

Anonymous said…
You look great guys. A friend in need is a friend indeed. Praise God for good friends. Alleluia! Praise the Lord.

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family