The New Has Come!

2 Corinthians 5:17 (New International Version)

17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

I read these words this morning and decided--I receive them. I love that they are stated positively as fact. I am a new creation.

Lately I haven't felt very much like a new creation as I've struggled with some old patterns that are unhealthy--overeating and not getting enough rest and exercise--but these words gave me a needed change of perspective.

A couple of years ago I attended a great workshop presented by Deborah Gyapong, on "storyboarding" your life. For a while I've wanted to revisit my storyboard and update it and this afternoon I did.

Storyboarding is a media term--a way of showing the sequence of scenes in a story by pinning up pictures of the scenes. Applying this idea to our lives involves making two columns on a page and in one column making word "pictures" written in present tense describing how we want our lives to be and in the other column writing the "script" or how it will look, taste, or feel being that way--the more sensory detail the better.

This is based on the fact that we all have sub-conscious scripts that we've absorbed while growing up--some good--some not. They are very powerful and resistant to change. An example would be someone who loses weight but before long gravitates back to their previous weight--often gaining more. The person lost it in his or her body but not in his or her head!

Creating a storyboard of our life and then reviewing it regularly--daily is great--is done with the aim of changing that inner script.

So--I am choosing to be that new creation that God says I am. I am receiving into my life as reality, new and healthy patterns--being the person I want to be--with the help of God.

Prayer: Dear Lord, I thank you for working in my life today--overcoming hopelessness and replacing it with energy and focus. I thank you for the truth of your Word. I receive into my life in faith, new and healthy habits with which I will honour the body you gave me for this life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family