Muddy, Marshy--March Break

Posted by PicasaToday I took some lieu time from work and started my day by going to town to meet a friend for coffee. Coming home to work on a writing assignment, from inside the house I could hear the murmur of children's voices outside the windowed side door that leads out from our big gathering room. Yes, I peered out, and there were two girls, deep in the world of play--a sight I find impossible to resist. Victoria was making "oatmeal" out of mud. Mmmmm. Tiffany-Amber said "I don't like oatmeal." Later that evening I visited their apartment downstairs and told Tiffany-Amber that I'd noticed them making oatmeal. "You heard us?" she said, with a shy little smile on her face, as if she hadn't expected an adult witness to their playworld.
Earlier that day, before coffee with my friend, I had spent time with pen and journal, finding anew the gift it is to lay out a problem on the page and work it through. I wrote this prayer:
Dear Lord, how I thank you for the space on the page--a place to pour out my soul and gather it together again, restored.
2 Corinthians 1:24 (New International Version)
24Not that we lord it over your faith, but we work with you for your joy, because it is by faith you stand firm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family