Basic Training

Hebrews 12:11 (New Living Translation)
New Living Translation (NLT)
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004 by Tyndale Charitable Trust. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers.
11 No discipline is enjoyable while it is happening—it’s painful! But afterward there will be a peaceful harvest of right living for those who are trained in this way.

It feels good to be coming out the end of a training tunnel. It wasn't fun being in there and I admit to feeling lower than an earthworm over the past week as I came face to face with things I didn't want to know were lurking in my heart. A friend said that one of my posts reminded her of a song by the band MercyMe, "So Long Self." I looked up the lyrics and how they fit!

Well if I come across a little bit distant
It's just because I am
Things just seem to feel a little bit different
You understand
Believe it or not but life is not apparently
About me anyways
But I have met the
One who really is worthy
So let me say

So long, self

(MercyMe, from the album, Coming Up to Breathe)

I wonder, "Who was that person last week?" Today it seemed so much easier to do the generous thing, the kind and selfless thing. Maybe I really can say, "So long, self!" For a while at least...

Romans 5:3-5 (New Living Translation)
New Living Translation (NLT)
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004 by Tyndale Charitable Trust. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers.
3 We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. 4 And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. 5 And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family