Sunday Morning Soliloquy

Psalm 28:7 (New International Version)
New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
7 The LORD is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in him, and I am helped.
My heart leaps for joy
and I will give thanks to him in song.

Through the white, wooden slatted shutters, I see trees; smoky blue on rich burnt plum, on yellow-orange. To my right, a row of subdued green weeping mulberry trees stands sentinel, following the curve of the drive--the mulberrys are always the last to "leaf" in spring and last to lose leaf in fall--latecomers and late goers like me. Birds find them accommodating, though, with juicy clusters of fruit, and friendly places to hide.

It's Sunday morning and the house is still, even though it's already 9.45; but in the three floors of our house, three generations of family are experiencing their own versions of sleepy Sunday morning and are preparing for the day.

"Joy comes in the morning," and it has come, along with peace and a quiet anticipation. What will this day hold? I lift it up to God and invite him to share it all with me.

Psalm 63:7-8 (New International Version)
New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
7 Because you are my help,
I sing in the shadow of your wings.
8 My soul clings to you;
your right hand upholds me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family