The Gift of This Day

Dear Lord,
You gave me this morning, a most precious gift--a brand new day! Of all the days since my life began, no day has ever been more precious than this new day.

As I stand on its threshold, it is with the awareness that were my time on earth done, no money, or any other treasure, could buy another day. At that moment, it would be too late: To add to the love in the world; to visit someone who's lonely and dispel some of that loneliness; to walk with my Lord, hear his voice and be his hand extended to the world; to tell someone who didn't know, that Jesus cares; to write a letter to a loved one far away; to feel the sun on my skin, the breeze on my face, and rejoice that I am, at this moment, privileged to be here, and that I can, in this precious day, choose to make a difference...

Ecclesiastes 12:6 (New International Version)
New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
6 Remember him—before the silver cord is severed,
or the golden bowl is broken;
before the pitcher is shattered at the spring,
or the wheel broken at the well,

Comments

Unknown said…
It's really prayerful!GOD will give us everything what we need.GOD BE WITH YOU!
Belinda said…
Thanks Shawn, Yours is the first comment from someone who doesn't know me. It was so cool to get it. God be with you too.

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family