Talk to No One Before You Talk to Me

Exodus 34:14 (New International Version)
Do not worship any other god, for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.

Sunday, April 30, 2006
This morning I resisted the temptation to plunge into writing and sending an email I had been mentally composing to a friend. It was the continuation of a dialogue about writing and other interesting topics, but I felt constrained from bursting into his morning, as I knew he was preparing for church, as I was, and I didn’t want to distract him. I also heard a still, small voice say, “Talk to no one before you talk to Me.” I don’t know if that voice was God, or my own thoughts – but I think I should listen for I have been so out of balance.

Prayer: Dear Lord, anything that I might have to say is worth so much less if I haven’t been in your Holy Presence. Please forgive me for what is idolatry – the putting of my relationship with others before my relationship with you. You are my Centre, my Source, my Breath, my Life. I want to be in you and you in me. I want the fragrance of your Presence to cling to me, and my lips to speak the language of your courts.

May 1, 2006
I turned on my laptop as I passed by my office on the way to the bathroom and felt the same caution, “Talk to no one before you talk to Me,” and so I left the room; how quick I was to forget my prayer of just yesterday.

Prayer: Thank you Lord, for your rod and staff. God I want your best. I want those around me to have your best through me. Help me to learn a disciplined life.

Matthew 6:33 (New International Version)

33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness and all these things will be given to you as well.

Comments

The Sheepcat said…
Yup, sometimes we need to just slow down and talk to God. And trust that his timing is perfect.
Bleinda, welcome to the blogosphere!

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family